Hi Jim, I can hear water running at one particular valve only, when the system is not functioning. The valve is very close to the incoming main so I would expect to see a wet spot nearby if the supply were leaking, however, I don't see any supply leaf, nor do I see water coming from the zones heads. Any thought why I hear the water running or where it may be going?

Hey Jack, it could be the valve is not shutting off all the way. I do not know, however, why you would not see water showing up somewhere. Best solution, is to either re-build or replace this particular valve, and make sure it is not leaking. Go to and this website will show you how to deal with the valve. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.