Irrigation/Leak/valve

Question
Hi Jim, I can hear water running at one particular valve only, when the system is not functioning. The valve is very close to the incoming main so I would expect to see a wet spot nearby if the supply were leaking, however, I don't see any supply leaf, nor do I see water coming from the zones heads. Any thought why I hear the water running or where it may be going?

Answer
Hey Jack, it could be the valve is not shutting off all the way. I do not know, however, why you would not see water showing up somewhere. Best solution, is to either re-build or replace this particular valve, and make sure it is not leaking. Go to www.irrigationtutorials.com and this website will show you how to deal with the valve. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer