Irrigation/One zone feeds a second manifold?

I have two manifolds. One in the front yard, and one in the rear.. I think that a zone in the front yard manifold feeds the second manifold. Does this sound right? Can a timer open a valve in one manifold, to supply water to a second manifold, and at the same time open a second valve in that second manifold that will run one zone, and the continue to do the same for all zones in that second manifold? There are never two zones operating at once. I hope this makes sense. Also, how would you wire this, if it's something that's possible?

Hey Tom, yes this is possible. To wire it, you would want to hook the valve that is supplying water to the second manifold, to the MV(master valve) or PS (pump start) terminal. What these terminals do, is run a valve whenever one of the other valves is running. For instance, if #1 is on, the master valve is on, when #2 is on, the master valve is on, etc. Now if you want to have this valve be on all the time, but not run it from the controller, then you could simply take the plunger out of the solenoid, and then the valve would be on all the time. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.