Irrigation/Hydrotek 6000

I have a Hydrotek 6004, using all four zones. The valve did operate properly when originally installed about 6 years ago. 1 of the four zones will not rotate( unless assisted by tapping the side of valve) have opened valve several times and sanded and cleaned. The zone that does not rotate has three rotor heads on it while the other 3 zones are pop ups? The yard is level and the height of the indexing valve  is above the zone in question. Any ideas? Thanks

Hey Richard, we don't really install the indexing valves, but normally the insides start wearing out. As long as the heads are spraying water, and they are not clogged up (water moving through the valve) then the difference in heads should not matter. They sell rebuild kits for these, I would suggest getting a kit, and rebuilding it. Good luck and have a great day.  

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.