Irrigation/RainBird RC-1260Bi Controller

My mother has a RainBird RC-1260Bi that does not work any longer, the clock does not run. I have seen newer, digital Rainbird controllers in stores that also run the valves on 24VAC. Can I replace her RC-1260Bi controller with one of these digital controllers? It appears that parts for the old ones are not easily available any longer. Thanks for your time and your help!

Hey Steve, yes you can replace the mechanical with the digital controller. Just make sure the one you buy has enough stations for the number of stations you are presently using. Also, as you disconnect the field wires from the old controller, mark them as you take them off (#1, #2, #3 etc.) and especially mark the one marked C (common wire). Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.