Irrigation/Station overflow

Question
My Hunter i-Core controller is indicating a station overflow. What could be the problem?  Where do I start to remedy this?

Answer
Hey Lisa, the controller you have is very sophisticated, you will need a manual to figure everything out. This controller can be programmed so that if a break  occurs in a specific zone (valve), the controller will be notified that the flow is too high, thus will indicate a station overflow (more water that what is normal i.e. a break). For instance, lets say zone (valve) #4 has 10 heads on it, and each head puts out 1 GPM (gallon per minute). The controller is programmed so tht valve #4 flow rate (GPM) is 10 GPM (1 GPM times 10 heads is 10 GPM). Lets say a head is broken off, or a pipe is cracked, then more water will flow and instead of just 10 GPM running, the valve might be putting out 15 GPM(as an example). Now the controller is notified and will incicate overflow in zone(valve) #4. What you need to do, is figure out what zone (valve) is giving you the overflow notice, turn on this particular zone, and observe it to see if you have a leak. Once the leak is fixed, then the overflow notice should not be present. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer