Irrigation/Station overflow

My Hunter i-Core controller is indicating a station overflow. What could be the problem?  Where do I start to remedy this?

Hey Lisa, the controller you have is very sophisticated, you will need a manual to figure everything out. This controller can be programmed so that if a break  occurs in a specific zone (valve), the controller will be notified that the flow is too high, thus will indicate a station overflow (more water that what is normal i.e. a break). For instance, lets say zone (valve) #4 has 10 heads on it, and each head puts out 1 GPM (gallon per minute). The controller is programmed so tht valve #4 flow rate (GPM) is 10 GPM (1 GPM times 10 heads is 10 GPM). Lets say a head is broken off, or a pipe is cracked, then more water will flow and instead of just 10 GPM running, the valve might be putting out 15 GPM(as an example). Now the controller is notified and will incicate overflow in zone(valve) #4. What you need to do, is figure out what zone (valve) is giving you the overflow notice, turn on this particular zone, and observe it to see if you have a leak. Once the leak is fixed, then the overflow notice should not be present. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.