Irrigation/Rain Bird ESP 8si

The display reads PR off, what does this mean, I've changed the fuse and it blows. tonight I put 5 fuses in the unit and each one blew quickly. what is the problem and what amp fuse should I use, I've been using 1 amp fuses. help me please.

Hey Hardy, PR off means "power off" with the fuse blown, the power is off. You need to use a 1.0 amp 250volt fastblow fuse. When the fuse blows, it means that either one of the valve solenoids is shorting out, or a short in the wiring. Try to turn one zone on at a time, and determine which zone (valve) is shorting out the fuse. Once you determine what valve it is, then you can replace the solenoid or check the wiring. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.