Irrigation/Controller buttons not working

Irratrol Systems Rain Dial RD1200 works on automatic, but semi-auto start button and manual start button have stopped working tho properly used.  Also the +/- buttons will advance one character at a time when pressed repeatedly but do not advance at all when held down.  I have followed the instructions very carefully, and all these buttons have previously worked for years without a problem. Everything else is working properly.  What could be the problem?

Hey Hague, first thing to try, is take the battery out of the controller, disconnect the power for about 1 minute, and then with the battery still out of the controller, turn the power back on. Now before you install a new battery, see if the buttons work any better. If they don't, then the contacts on the back of the buttons have become worn down, and no longer make the proper contact. Best thing to do, is to replace panel, or replace the whole controller. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.