Irrigation/Front drip system will not turn on

Question
I have a Richdel system. The rear drip,front sprinkler systems work fine. When i try to turn on front drip i hear a constant clicking and no action valve in fron also leaks at top of valve

Answer
Hey Lou, normally when a valve is not working, it is either the controller not sending a signal, the solenoid not working, or the diaphram. If you are hearing a clicking sound, then I would suspect that the controller is putting out power to the solenoid, so it is probably not the controller. I would suggest either installing a new solenoid, or diaphram, or both. It concerns me that the top of the valve is leaking. For me not to personally see where the valve is leaking, I am afraid that the body might be damaged. To play it safe, you might just go ahead and replace the whole valve with a new valve. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer