Irrigation/pr off on a rainbird controller esp8si

From switching to zone 6 from 5, the pr off popped up. We changed the fuses, and the solenoid to a station, all the wires are in place and we still get the pr off on the controller. What could be the problem?

Hey Sheena, normally when the controller is showing PR off, that means power off. First make sure the controller is getting 110 volts at your power connection, and also make sure that the fuse is good (250 volt 1.0 amp fast-blo fuse). If the controller is receiving the correct voltage and the fuse is good, but it is still showing PR off, then the digital panel could be damaged and it needs to be replaced. Before you replace the controller, you might take the battery out (3 volt coin battery), turn off all power to the controller, and then let the controller sit for about a minute, turn the power back on, and then replace the battery with a new one. If you are still getting the PR off display, then the controller needs to be replaced. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.