Irrigation/9 station controller "Rain Dial" by Hardie Co.

Question
My display has been reverting to PM  and continues to do so even with repeated resetting.  This is not addressed in the Troubleshooting section of the owners manual.  I heave checked the battery and it is 9 v. on my voltmeter.   I do not know what else to check.  What do you suggest?  Thanks for your help
Larry

Answer
Hey Larry, more than likely the microprocessor is going out on the circuit board. First thing to try is to take out the battery, then power off the controller for about 1 minute, and then with the battery still out of the controller, turn the power back on and see if the issue is resolved, or it is still a problem. If it is still a problem, then you need to replace the controller or at least the panel. Hardie is no longer in business, but this controller was taken over by "Irri-trol" and is still considered a Rain Dial controller.Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer