Irrigation/toro ecxtra controler

just recently zones 2,3,4,6 have stopped running.  Ive tried to manually get them going, even reprogrammed in "B" and still not functioning.  Need troubleshooting help.  thanks

First question: Has there been any work done on the property that could have cut any of the control wires that run from the controller to the valves?

If you have a volt and ohm meter please start at the terminals of the controller and check the how many volts are being sent when those stations in question when they are turned on.

Also if you have a pump for those in question make sure that is part of the program as well.

Check the ohms on the station wires in question to see if they are any open circuits.

Check the solenoids to make sure they are not damaged.

If you do not have any tools for troubleshooting try the following:

Take one station wire that you know works and switch it to a terminal of a zone that is not working> this will tell you if the controller is sending out the correct voltage on a terminal in question.

Also you can take a wire from a station that is not working and try it on a terminal that you know is working. If the station still does not work then you will have to troubleshoot the wire from the controller to the valve and to ensure that the solenoid is not damaged. Solenoids do go bad. I replaced 3 at one house today where 3 zones stopped working. I assume that the house experienced a power surge.  

Robert Diersing

I am able to answer any questions related to lawn irrigation systems and backflow devices. But pumps are not my speciality since they are not common in my area. Most of my product experience is in Hunter, Rainbird and Irritrol components.

I have been in the Irrigation Industry since 1998 with experience in everything from residential to athletic fields, commercial, industrial to complete Hospital campuses

Irrigation Association

I have been quoted in trade magazine articles.

Kent State University 12 CEU's per a year in Industry related classes

Irrigation Association Certifications: Certified Irrigation Contractor State of Florida Licensed Irrigation Contractor State of Florida Certified Backflow Tester State of Ohio Certified Backflow Tester EPA WaterSense Partner

Hospitals, School Districts, National Franchises, Government Agencies