Irrigation/Rain Dial Problem

Question
We have a RD-1200. Zones 6 thru 12 will pulsate, not set and not run. If we put a new 9 volt battery it runs all the zones correctly. The unit drains a 9 volt battery in less than 1 month. The unit is plugged into an A/C outlet and the outlet is working. Is the unit going bad or is there another problem?

Thank You for your help

Greg

Answer
Hey Greg, this is a very common problem and  the problem is in the panel itself. Instead of replacing the whole controller, the panel will un-hinge from the outdoor box, and you will also need to unplug the ribbon of wire (grey ribbon) that plugs into the back of the box. Now you can either have the panel repaired, or buy a new panel for the controller. Check in your area for an irrigation supply store, and they should either be able to repair or replace the controller for you. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer