Irrigation/HARDIE total control panel - 12 stations

Question
QUESTION: Hi Robert,
I have a 16 years old HARDIE Total Control 12 stations controller, that is giving me a "SHORT" error message. I have 7 stations, a sensor and a master valve connected. All the stations are giving me the SHORT error, even the ones that I don't have #8 to 12#. Reading some of other questions and suggestions I removed the battery and cut the power for about 5 minutes. I connected the power again (No the battery) and I got the same results. I removed the MV cable from the panel and repeated the sequence again (unplug, wait, plug without the battery) and I got the same results.
Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

Answer
Hello

I will return to the office July 9th and will be happy to assist you at that time. Enjoy the Holiday.

If you are using a master valve or pump start relay the input amperage of the solenoid or relay is higher then the controller output. If you are not using the master valve or pump start relay output there could be a direct short in the field wires or controller circuit board has a short.  

Irrigation

Robert Diersing