Irrigation/Hunter XC irrigation controller panel

My display on the controller is not allowing me to reset or program anything.  All it will display is an incorrect time no matter what dial I turn it to.  It was working fine until I tried to turn it on manually after I had a leak repaired. Will replacing the battery fix the problem?  I've tried turning the power on and off and pushing the reset button many times, but it is still stuck on the incorrect time.

Hey Sue, first take the batteries out. Now hold down the "PRG" button, and as you have the button held down, hit the reset button in the bottom wiring compartment of the controller, then release the "PRG" button. If the controller is working properly, the controller should be re-set to 12 o'clock. If the system is still not acting right, then the controller is bad and you need to repair or replace it. All the batteries do, is hold the memory in case the power goes out. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.