Irrigation/irrigation controller on Toro TMC-212

"I recently acquired the above controller. Problem with Manual operation is as follows: when I follow the steps in the  User's Guide, the only thing that is not happening is the "rain drop" icon in the right upper corner of the Display, to indicate "water readiness," is not flashing (as it should per Manual); irrigation doesn't begin Thank you."

Hey Peter, the only thing I could suggest, is that you check the "rain delay" feature, and make sure it is turned off. Also if it has a rain sensor hooked up to it, and the rain sensor is sensing moisture, it will not turn on. Also you could try disconnecting the power for about 1 minute, and then try turning it back on, and see if that helps any. If it still doesn't work, then the microprocessor could be bad, and you can either have it repaired or replaced. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.