Irrigation/35' x 25' Rectangular Lawn Rotor or Spray

Question

I have a 35' x 25' Rectangular Lawn currently being divided in half with two zones. 6 popup spray for each zone, total 12 heads (Torro 570). This was installed by the previous owner. Is this the correct setup? If I want to upgrade, how would I redesign this with rotary type spray nozzle or rotor to reduce the number of sprinklers.

Thank you,

Will

Answer
Hey Will, I would suggest leaving the heads you have in now. It sounds like you have 3 rows of 4 heads each spaced about 12 feet apart. The spray heads give you the best coverage and do not have as many moving parts to go out,like the rotor heads. If you did go with rotor heads, I would put one in each corner, and then put one half way on each side on the long run(35 foot side).the ones in the corner would put out a 90degree pattern and the one half way down the sides would put out a 180 degree pattern. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer