Irrigation/35' x 25' Rectangular Lawn Rotor or Spray

I have a 35' x 25' Rectangular Lawn currently being divided in half with two zones. 6 popup spray for each zone, total 12 heads (Torro 570). This was installed by the previous owner. Is this the correct setup? If I want to upgrade, how would I redesign this with rotary type spray nozzle or rotor to reduce the number of sprinklers.

Thank you,

Hey Will, I would suggest leaving the heads you have in now. It sounds like you have 3 rows of 4 heads each spaced about 12 feet apart. The spray heads give you the best coverage and do not have as many moving parts to go out,like the rotor heads. If you did go with rotor heads, I would put one in each corner, and then put one half way on each side on the long run(35 foot side).the ones in the corner would put out a 90degree pattern and the one half way down the sides would put out a 180 degree pattern. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.