Irrigation/Anti Siphon Valve Leaking

Question
Anti Siphon Leaks
Anti Siphon Leaks  
Please see the detailed picture attached. I just replaced a old anti siphon valve with Orbit anti siphon 3/4 valve. This is located at the bottom of a slope where a pipe will travel about 15' up the slope to feed two sprinkler 30' apart. My question is why does the valve leak from the anti siphon, is it because the highest sprinkler in this zone is 10 foot above the valve? Can I install a valve without the anti siphon since I already have a check valve at the bottom of the slope?

Thank you for your time and effort.

Will

Answer
Hey Will, by code the anti-syphon valve should be 18 inches above the highest head. The valve is probably leaking because you do not have enough pressure to pop the plunger up inside the anti-syphon portion and get it to seat properly. Or there might be something inside the anti syphon portion that is keeping the plunger from popping up. Since you are not to code anyway, and you do have a check valve installed, I would just install an inline valve without the anti-syphon valve. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer