I have changed the fuse and 3v battery and the controller still shows PR OFF. Is there anything else I can do to check and see if board is still good or whether to buy another controller?

Hey Scott, The only thing I could suggest, is on the bottom you will see the terminal strip that the wires are hooked to. The 2 far left wires are marked 24 vac, these are the wires from the transformer that supply power to the controller. Check the voltage on these wires with a volt/ohm meter and see if you are getting around 24 volts (23 to 26). If you are not getting the proper voltage, then the transformer is bad and needs to be replaced, and that could be why you are getting the power off (PR off) reading. If the transformer is okay, then the micro-processor is probably defective and it would be better to get a new controller. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.