Irrigation/Irg. Valve

Question
Jim:

I have another thought regarding my "banging" pipes. In my last question to you I inquired about changing the top half of the valve to a "slow closing" device. Here is my latest thought - -Would it do any good to change all of the grass spray heads to "water saving" heads? Do they really reduce the spray amount? If so, I would just have to leave them on for a longer period of time. Thanks again.

Answer
Hey Bill, try turning down the flow control first and see if that helps. Also, instead of replacing the whole head (depending on what brand you have) you can just change the nozzles to a low flow nozzle. Lets say a normal nozzle puts out 1 GPM (gallon per minute) a low flow nozzle might put out .6 GPM. So yes, you would just run them longer to get the same amount of water. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer