Irrigation/Toro TMC-212

Question
I have a Toro TMC-212.  There is no power to the unit.  I checked the outlet it is plugged in to and there is power.  I think it maybe the transformer connection. Can i replace this part or should i just replace the whole unit?  If i need to purchuse a new unit what unit would be the easiest to install and manage?

Answer
It may be the transformer and if you can test that, do so. Otherwise usually the motherboard goes and the timer will need to be replaced.  Once a timer is installed it will always be easier to replace with a identical controller since the mounting holes and wire height will match. Here is a link to a replacement timer
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Toro-Modular-Indoor-Irrigation-Controller-p/tm

As for another option you may consider Rain Bird ESP series or Hunter Pro C controller. Both of those would cost a little more and they would require a few more minutes installing but in my opinion they are of higher quality.  Please also keep in mind you are already familiar with your existing controller but basically they all have the same functions. The Rain Bird and Hunter controllers I believe will have more features.

Let me know how it ends up.

Bob  

Irrigation

Robert Diersing