Irrigation/Irritrol RD-900 is stopping working with flashing LCD

Question
My Irritrol RD-900 is stopping working with flashing LCD.  When I push the "Manual" button, the unit flashes the run time and then suddenly displays "OFF" in the LCD display.

Answer
Hey Sherman, you have a short in one of your valves, it will either be a valve solenoid, or the wire running from the controller to the valve. To see what valve it is, start with valve #1 and try to turn it on manually, if it goes to off on the display, then this valve has a problem. Now go to valve #2 and try to turn it on, if it goes to off on the display, then you have an issue with this valve also. More than likely, if you are having issues with all the valves, then it is probably in the wires, if you just have one individual valve that is shorting out, then check and replace the solenoid for this valve. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer