Irrigation/Override rain sensor on Richdel 508pr

Hi Jim
I would like to winterize my system but the rains keep coming so I need to override the rain sensor. I disconnected the common to no avail.I recall years ago I was able override by connecting two wires but of course I can't remember which two. I hope you help me out.

Hey Dan, basically the rain sensor breaks the common wire from having continuity. If you can determine which wire is the common wire, simply unhook it from the rain sensor lead, and hook it directly to the common terminal on the controller. I am sorry this is kind of a vague answer, but without knowing how the rain sensor is hooked up, this is the best I can do. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.