Irrigation/Toro DDC irrigation controller

I am setting up my irrigation and have programmed two stations to come on for ten minutes each one following immediately after the othe. The water is supplied from a well via a pump which is switched on by the controller. The problem is that the pump stays on after the program finishes.
Can you help

Hey Jim, probably what is happening, is that you have time scheduled in to other stations, even though there might not be a valve hooked up to it. For instance, lets say you have zone #1 for ten minutes and it runs a grass area, and you have zone #2 for ten minutes and it runs a grass area, you have zone #3 and there is ten minutes scheduled in, but it is not hooked to a valve out in the field. The controller after running valves #1 for 10 minutes, and #2 for 10 minutes, will go to valve #3 and turn it on even though there is no valve hooked to it, and when it turns this zone on, it likewise will turn on the relay to the pump, so the pump runs. You need to go through the controller, and take the time off the zones that you are not using. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.