Irrigation/Richdel Hybrid Irrigation Controller

My Richdel 446PR controller which was installed in 1990 went dark.  I checked the plug which is shared by a in-wall vacuum system, which is on.  I unplugged the controller and put back in but still dark.  I replaced the 9volt battery, still dark.  Thoughts?

Hey Rhonda, sounds like it is time to replace the controller, I am surprised it has lasted this long. They no longer  make this controller, but I would suggest installing a "Irri-trol" Rain dial controller. These controllers are well built, are easy to program, and will last a long time. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.