Irrigation/RD-900

Question
Jim,
My James Hardie RD900 works for all but 3 stations perfectly.....
AND, it works for All stations every now and then.
I replaced it, I've replaced the 9 volt back up. I've "giggled wires" . I've disconnected it for an hour, re-programmed it, and the 3 stations will not come on automatically or when I set it to manual.
it's driving me crazy.
Thank for any insight.
Gary

Answer
Hey Gary, it sounds like it is  either the circuit board, or the common wire has a bad connection that runs these three valves. First take a volt/ ohm meter, turn on whatever number valve that is not coming on, and check at the controller by touching one lead on the common wire terminal, and the other lead on whatever valve number that is not coming on. If you are not getting a good reading (22 to 26 volts) at the controller terminal, then the circuit board or the controller panel need to be changed out. If you are getting a good reading at the controller, then the wire running from the controller to the valves is defective somewhere. First place to check is at the valves themselves, and make sure the common wire has a good connection. If it does, then you might have to run new wires. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer