Irrigation/Rainbird ESP-6 unit. Off position still turns on

Thank you in advance for helping!  
My Rainbird works fine, except the only way I can turn the unit off (to skip a day during rainy times) is to set the percentage % setting to zero.  Otherwise, if I move the lever to off, the unit will continue to cycle like a regular day.  What can I do?  Again.. THANKS!

Have you pulled the back up battery and unplugged the controller for 30 seconds? Seems to be an issue with the processor.  That model has been discontinued for awhile now so I'm not sure about availability of any internal parts. You may need to call the Rain Bird number on the controller if you are thinking about repairing the controller.  I have only seen a small fraction of those controllers still active in the field.  

Robert Diersing

I am able to answer any questions related to lawn irrigation systems and backflow devices. But pumps are not my speciality since they are not common in my area. Most of my product experience is in Hunter, Rainbird and Irritrol components.

I have been in the Irrigation Industry since 1998 with experience in everything from residential to athletic fields, commercial, industrial to complete Hospital campuses

Irrigation Association

I have been quoted in trade magazine articles.

Kent State University 12 CEU's per a year in Industry related classes

Irrigation Association Certifications: Certified Irrigation Contractor State of Florida Licensed Irrigation Contractor State of Florida Certified Backflow Tester State of Ohio Certified Backflow Tester EPA WaterSense Partner

Hospitals, School Districts, National Franchises, Government Agencies