Irrigation/Sprinkler Controller Keeps Valves On After Power Recycle

Question
Dear Mr. Schaefer,

I have a sprinkler system at home with James Hardie's Rain Dial(P/N 781001, Rev.A# controller. There were a couple of incidents recently that all valves were turned on and the water kept running for hours to flood the whole garden, until we came back home and turned them off. We noticed that when this happened, the sprinkler controller was reset due to power recycled #it could be either power outage, power cord unplugged by accident, or circuit breaker/GFCI flipped, that occurred several hours or a day ago). The previous timer set were all gone.

I would appreciate it very much if you can provide any suggestions or solutions.

Thank you for your time,

Ming

Answer
Hey Ming, it sounds like you need to know how to program your controller. The "Rain dial" controller is now made by Irri-trol. Go to www.irritrol.com and you can find the "rain dial" controller manual that you can download. This manual will show you how to program the controller. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer