Irrigation/Toro Vision II series Controller

I have a Toro Vision II Series controller.  I recently had a whole home generator installed in my house.  During the install a wire was crossed and my sprinkler controller got "fried" and there is nothing showing on the display.  I tried replacing the fuses, but still no display.  The model number is 182-96-02 and was initially installed in 1998.  Is it possible to replace the transformer on this before going the total replacement route? Since this is an older model, what current model can I buy to replace it?  I am only using 7 zones on this 9 zone controller.  Thank you in advance!

Hey Ernest, I would suggest getting a volt/ohm meter and just checking the transformer to see if it is working (putting out between 22 to 26 volts), and then if you are not getting a good reading, then try replacing the transformer. I would suggest buying a Irri-trol "Rain dial" controller. They come in a 6, 9, or 12 station model. These controllers are easy to program, and will last you a long time. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.