Irrigation/Lawn Genie Controller Model L71209P

Question
After reconnecting my sprinkler system's controller this spring, Lawn Genie Model L71209P, no sprinkler zone works except on manual, but all zones (7 in total) will work on manual only. The controller's screen shows a large letter O on the right side of the screen with a small upside down letter u to the right side of the O.
And answers as to what is wrong?
Ralph

Answer
Hey Ralph, this controller has not been made for a long time. The problem is that the slide switches tend to wear out over time. The Ou means nothing but the fact that it is not displaying correctly. The only suggestion I can give you, is to take the battery out of the controller, disconnect the power for about 1 minute, and then with the battery still out, turn the power back on, and see if you get a good display. If not then it is time to replace the controller. I suggest installing a Irri-trol "Rain dial" controller. This controller is easy to program and is a lot better quality then lawn genie. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer