Irrigation/Orbit 57606

Hello Jim, 10 year old outside (but covered) Orbit Watermaster 57606 LCD screen will not show the complete digits the top 1/2 is blurred out...the unit works on manual only due to not being able to program it. I have replaced batteries, done resets etc. to no avail.  What do you think this could be? A fuse? Rain sensor connected to it? I bought a replacement 6 station Orbit unit but it has a black thick wire coming out of it.  Will it be possible to open this up and wire the colored wires where they need to go?

Thank you!

Hey Rose,I believe the black thick wire is your 110 volt hook up. When you take the wires off of the terminal in back, just mark them the same number as you take them off (#1, #2, etc.) and also make sure you mark the common wire (C). as long as all the wires are marked correctly, and put back on the new controller the same as you took them off the old controller, then everything should work fine. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.