Irrigation/rainbird rc 7bi

Clock working, advances normally including day advance. But does not trigger or cause zones to start watering. Zone wheel when advanced manually to first zone, starts watering, runs alloted time, then advances normally thru all zones and back to standby.
Can here ticking sound of "clock" normally.
Any ideas?

Hey Scott, it sounds like both your motors are working fine. Under the day wheel, there is a switch that is activated, when the pin for the day you want on hits this switch. It could be the switch  is bad. There is also a switch under the time wheel, that is activated when the time of day pin is pushed in for what time you want in to come on, this switch could also be bad. There is also a switch for the auto/off mode that could be bad. Since Rainbird no longer makes this controller, and parts might be hard to find, you might be better off replacing the controller with either the Rainbird "ESP" series controller or the Irri-trol "Rain dial" series controller. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.