Irrigation/Hardie HR6100

Question
My HR6100 is programmed for all 6 stations to run for 5 min. every day ( automatic). It starts #1 and the information displayed is 1A.05 but will not advance to the other 5 stations and runs indifinately until I turn it off manually. I did a "progrm check" and everything seems to be correct.

Answer
Hey Sandra, the only thing I could suggest, is take out the 9 volt battery, then disconnect the power for about 1 minute. Then with the battery still not connected, power the unit back up. Now re-program the controller and see what happens. When you say it runs until you turn it off manually, do you mean it turns off when you turn the switch to off, or do you mean you turn the valve itself off? If you turn the valve off to get it to turn off, then you probably have a problem with the valve. If it shuts off when you turn the controller to off, then the problem is with the controller. If when you re- energize the controller, you still have problems with it advancing, it is time for a new controller. They have not made this controller for about 15 years now. I would suggest replacing it with a Irri-trol  "rain dial" controller. It is easy to program, and will last a long time. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer