Irrigation/sprinklers

Question
My weathermate sprinkler system is blowing fuses cannot determine the cause. Any suggestions?

Answer
Hey Mike, normally when this happens, it is either the solenoid on a valve that is shorting out and needs to be replaced, or the wires from the controller to the valves are damaged and need to be repaired or replaced. Turn one valve on at a time, and whatever # you turn on, check and see if that number blows the fuse. this will help you determine what valve it is, and then replace the solenoid on that valve. If the fuse blows on all the valves, then you probably have a problem in the wire, because normally not all the solenoids would go bad at once. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer