My weathermate sprinkler system is blowing fuses cannot determine the cause. Any suggestions?

Hey Mike, normally when this happens, it is either the solenoid on a valve that is shorting out and needs to be replaced, or the wires from the controller to the valves are damaged and need to be repaired or replaced. Turn one valve on at a time, and whatever # you turn on, check and see if that number blows the fuse. this will help you determine what valve it is, and then replace the solenoid on that valve. If the fuse blows on all the valves, then you probably have a problem in the wire, because normally not all the solenoids would go bad at once. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.