Irrigation/rjc 6

I had a plumber out to work on my hot water heater.  Since then, I can't turn on my sprinklers even manually.  I am getting codes on the display like 1A06 and 5A02. what does that mean?  We've had the system for almost 30 years,  Is it just old?

I would first check and see if the plumber turned off the main valve feeding the sprinkling system, and never turned it back on!!! This controller has not been around for a long time, but usually the 1A06 would be station #1 on program A set for 6 minutes. 5A02 station 5 on program A for 2 minutes. Before you replace it, turn a station on manually, lets say station #1, now take a volt/ohm meter and put the positive lead on the terminal marked #1 in the bottom of the controller, and the negative lead on the C (common) terminal, and see if you are getting a reading between 22 to 26 volts. If you are getting a good reading, then the controller is probably okay, if not you need to replace it. I recommend a Irri-trol "Rain dial|" controller, they are a quality controller and will be easy to program. Ask your plumber first if he turned off the valve. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.