Irrigation/sprinkler system: only some stations work

Question
We have a hunter pro-c controller based sprinkler system. It was working fine all this while. Due to the rains, we have kept the system turned off the past 2 months. Yesterday, when we turned it on, only the stations in the front yard  and the side yard turned on. Stations 6,7,8 in the backyard did not.
We also tried to run stations 6,7,8, in manual mode. There is no error message, but then the sprinklers do not turn on either. What could be the issue?
FWIW, we had the backyard mowed and aerated just recently and the problem seems to have started after that.
Any pointers could be appreciated.
Thanks

Answer
Hey Hanna, I would suspect, that since all 3 of the valves in the back have quit working, that you have a break or a cut in the wire that runs from the controller to the back yard. Depending on how deep the wire was initially installed, it could be that it was cut when you did the aeration. We use a wire locator, that is hooked to one end of the wire, and this device traces the wire out to determine where the break is at. You might think of hiring someone to trace the wire for you. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer