Irrigation/RD-600 error message 7'

Hi Jim,
My Hardie RD-600 has been working fine until the other day. The screen shows "7'" and none of the buttons are operable. I could not find that 7' message in the troubleshooting section of the online manual. Any thoughts?

Hey Scott, this controller does not give codes, so the 7 means nothing. What I would suggest, is to take the 9 volt battery out of the controller, and turn off the power to the controller for about 1 minute. and then with the battery still removed, turn the power back on, and see if the display goes back to normal. If it does, then the controller might have got a power surge, if it still is not working properly, then instead of replacing the whole controller, if you just take the main panel out, you can have just the panel repaired or replaced. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.