Irrigation/Adding a sprinkler head

Question
A dilemma - I added a sprinkler head to a specific zone and caped the other sprinklers related to that zone. Turned on the zone through the timer and the new sprinkler worked fine. Shut down the zone through the timer, but that action didn't shut down the new sprinkler - for some reason water is now being supplied to the new sprinkler even when the zone is shut down at the timer. Turned off the water source - that stopped the sprinkler - turned water source back on - sprinkler was activated also.

I simply doesn't understand how water gets to a sprinkler head without action through the timer which activates a specific zone value. Help.

Answer
Hey Ray, the problem is in the automatic valve that runs this zone. The valve is stuck open, more than likely, you need to replace the diaphragm in this valve. Sometimes a valve will turn off easier if there is more water flowing through it, since now you have less water flowing through it, it is not turning off. Go to www.irrigationtutorials.com, and this website will show you how to rebuild this automatic valve. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer