Irrigation/Rain Bird sprinkler system

I had a new system installed in July of 2014.  I have an issue now.  When I tried running a test on all zones, it would only cycle through 4 zones and shut off.  When I tried to manually run the system, it would also run through 4 zones and a message 5 NOMOD appears.  Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  The service company wants to charge me a service call.  Did I state that this was a brand new Rain Bird system?  Thanks...

Hey Sonny, this should be a easy fix. This controller has different modules that you push into place on the inside bottom of the controller (where the wires hook up). If the controller says nomod, this means the module of #5, #6, #7 #8 is not making contact correctly. Simply push the module up into the controller, so it makes better contact. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.