Irrigation/Kwikdial kd12 has no display

Question

I had kwikdial with kd12 indoor controller from a house just bought recently...this controller has no any display. I have checked the AC outlet of 110v and the voltage to the controller is +24 volts. any suggestion will be really helpful.

Thanks

Answer
Hey Tom, first try disconnecting the power for about a minute, and then turn the power back on. If you look in the back of the controller, you will see a terminal strip with #'s from #1 to #6 where the field wires get hooked up. If you look directly above the #6 terminal, you will see two metal contacts, with a space in between. Take a screwdriver, and make contact with the two metal contacts, this will reset the controller. If this does not work, then the microprocessor is probably defective, and the controller needs to be replaced. If you need to replace it, I suggest using a Irri-trol "Rain dial" controller. They are a better controller then the Kwikdial. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer