Irrigation/Rian Dial 600 timer malfunction

Question
Hi Jim,

I have Rain Dial 600 sprinkler which started malfunctioning, sprinklers automatically starting whenever i put in SET mode (middle one, left is off and right is ON for Manual)..

do i need to replace the timer system in which case please suggest the maker (Rain dial, Hunter or orbit?)

Thanks,
Vrishi

Answer
Hey Vrishi, this is a good controller, and you can actually just take the panel out of the case, and either have it repaired or replaced. If you hinge the panel out, you will see a ribbon of wires that plugs into the back of the controller. Un- plug this ribbon by pulling straight out, then you will pull the panel straight out from the plastic hinges. Once you get it out, take it to an irrigation supply store, and see if they can repair it, if not you can just buy a replacement panel, and install a new panel. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer