Irrigation/time keeps blinking

Question
I have an Irritrol RD600:  the timer won't run at all.  I have replaced the battery and the fuse is good.  If I try to run each station manually the time just blinks and switches to off.  Any suggestion??

Answer
Hey Lisa, it could be a few things. It could be the controller itself. Or it could be the wiring going to the valve solenoid, or the solenoid itself. To find out if it is the controller, simply look in the back of the controller, and take off the wire hooked to terminal #1. Now turn on station #1, and see if it blinks and turns off. If it still blinks and turns off, then the problem is with the controller. If it does not blink and turn off when the wire is disconnected, then the problem is either the wires running to the valve solenoid, or the solenoid itself. If it is the controller, you can just take the panel itself out of the case, by pulling out the ribbon of wire in back of the controller, and pull the panel straight out from the plastic hinges. Since you are in Arizona, you can take it to Sprinkler World of Arizona, and they can either repair, or you can replace just the panel. If it is the wires or the solenoid, you will have to either replace or repair the wire, or the solenoid. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer