Irrigation/Hunter Pro C

My Hunter Pro C when trying to run in manual mode shows on the controller that it should be running yet no water. Also doing the same in Auto. Water source is on so what could be the problen? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey Steve, first thing I would check is the controller, turn on a station (lets say #1), and with a volt/ohm meter, in the back of the controller, touch the negative lead from the meter to the C (common) terminal, and the  positive lead to the #1 terminal and see if you are getting between 22 to 26 volts. If you are, then the controller is fine. If you are not getting the proper voltage, then you need to replace the controller.If the controller is good, next thing is to look at the terminal strip, and see if you have a wire hooked to the MV (master valve) or PS (pump start) terminal. If you do, then you have a master valve on the system, and it could be it is not working properly, and you need to find it and fix it or replace it. If the controller is working, and you  do not have a master valve, then you need to check the wiring from the controller to the valves, and either repair or replace the wires.
Good luck and have a great day.  

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.