Irrigation/Irritrol KD6-INT

Hi Jim,

I have a 10 year old system.  When I turned on my sprinkler in test mode or regular program mode my Zone 4 stays on and doesn't shut down even when I put the controller in the OFF position. It also seems that all the zones are running just not at full pressure.  Any ideas ?

Hey Jim, more than likely, the #4 valve is stuck on. Either the diaphragm has gone bad and needs to be replaced, or the plunger in the solenoid is stuck in the up position. Since this valve is running when the other valves are turned on, you will not have enough water pressure to run more than one valve at a time, and that is why the other zones are not working properly. The solution is to either re-build the #4 valve, or replace the #4 valve. Go to and this website will show you how to either replace or re-build the valve. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.