Irrigation/Toro greenkeeper no watering icon

I have a toro greenkeeper control system. It turns on and all the conrols are working, the date time set, water programming, rain delay. I am able to set all these things, but I can not manually start because the no watering icon remains on in the upper right corner. I switched the rain sensor to off. I turn the dial to run and the icon is always on, it never goes away no matter what I turn the dial to. I'm not able to get the sprinklers to turn on at all because of this no watering icon. Do you have any idea why this icon is staying on all the time? Thank you so much for your time.

Hey Heather, what I would suggest, is to take out the 9 volt battery, and turn off the power for about 1 minute. Then with the battery still disconnected, turn the power back on. Now see if the icon is still present. If it is, then more than likely the contacts on the dial have worn out, and it is time to replace the controller. If the icon is gone, try turning on a station and see if it is working. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.