Irrigation/Hydro Rain blows fuses

Question
My Hydro Rain blows a fuse when it hits Zone 4 on automatic. But when it is on manual, it does not blow the fuse. Any ideas?

Answer
Hey Jim, very unusual that it blows the fuse in auto but not on manual. Could be an issue with the transition from zone #3 to zone #4. I would first un-hook the field wire in the back of the controller that is hooked to the #4 terminal. Now turn the controller on auto and see if it still blows the fuse when it moves from zone #3 to zone #4. If it does, then un-hook the wire on terminal #3 and run it on auto again and see if it blows. If it blows with both the wires un-hooked, then it is a problem with the controller. If it blows with the #4 wire un-hooked, but the #3 wire still connected, then the problem is with the #3 wire running to the #3 valve or the solenoid on the #3 valve. If it does not blow when the #4 wire is un-hooked, then the problem is with the wire running to valve #4 or the solenoid on valve #4. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer