Irrigation/rain bird ESP 6TM error

Question
Jim,

You recently responded to a questions I posted regarding a rain bird ESP 6TM controller.  It was regarding a flashing error message, and your response was perfect.  Using your insight, I was able to quickly resolve the problem.  However, now the system is giving me a new problem.  The controller display is frozen showing a message "Er -- --", and I can't get it to change, reset, or do anything for that matter.  Any suggestions you can offer?

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Hey Gil, I would take the battery out of the controller, and then disconnect the power for about 1 minute, and then try powering the unit back up and see what happens. It might be the same scenario in that one of the valve solenoids or the wires might be shorting out the controller. Good luck and have a great day.

Irrigation

Jim Schaefer