Irrigation/Toro ECx Timer

Hi. I have a Toro EXc Control that is over 8 years old and has been turned to the "off" position for over a year.  Now with state water restrictions, I've decided to reactivate it.  I've changed the back-up battery and almost everything works fine, but I have one major problem: When the program switch is set to A,B, or C, the LCD displays "Program C".  When it is set to B and I jiggle the switch, the LCD will move from C to B but I can't get the same result when I jiggle it when switch is set to A. Also, when I put the switch to program A (LCD is still displaying C)and program the watering days, times and zones, then this programming also shows up when switch is moved to Program C.  What's up with that?
Please advise.  Thank you.

Hey Mike, more than likely, the slide switch (A, B, C) is no longer making proper contact because it has worn out or is corroded. You can first try spraying a little bit of WD-40 on the front of the switch and move it back and forth to see if that helps. If that doesn't help, then it is time to replace the controller. Do not buy another Toro controller, Install a Irri-Trol " Rain dial" controller, they are easy to program, and will last a long time, they can also be repaired if they malfunction, unlike a Toro brand which cannot be repaired. Good luck  and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.