Irrigation/Toro tmc-212 won't turn on.

I have an 8 year old controller that over the last two years has been reluctsnt to turn on when set to even or odd days. If I change the setting from one to the other, often the system seems to correct itself. This spring the system will not come on on either odd or even settings. I can, however, start the system manually. The date and the time are set properly. Help!

Hey Rusty, the odd/even setting has a de (day exclusion feature), make sure that you have not used this feature and excluded all the days of the week. Also, if you just want the controller to run every other day, try using the interval feature, and simply put in an interval of 2, and it will run every other day. If the odd/even setting is not working, then the micro processor is going bad, and the controller needs to be replaced, this controller cannot be repaired. Also you might try using another program (b or c) besides a, and see if the odd/even works on another program. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.