Irrigation/hardie total control 12 station system

I see "short on station #7. All other station functioning. I see 7 solenoids in the in ground plumbing. How do I determine which solenoid might be shorting?

Hey Bill, so by process of elimination, usually your valves will have a manual way to turn the valve on without the controller. Usually you will see a bleed screw that you can unscrew to turn the valve on, or you can turn the solenoid, or a switch in front of the solenoid that will turn the valve on. Anyway, by being able to turn the valves on manually, you will know which section each valve turns on. On the controller, turn on valves #1 to #6, and that way whichever section is not coming on, is #7. By turning the valves on manually, you can see what valve does what section. Once you find the valve that turns on #7, then you can replace that solenoid. Good luck and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.