Irrigation/Toro-TMC-212 Malfuctioning

My Toro TMC-212 has malfunctioned and gets stuck on Station One and won't advance to the remaining 3 Stations nor will it turn off the water unless I unplug the controller.

I tried reprogramming but, the unit was unresponsive.

I thought that I should reset the unit. When I plugged it back in it had retained the time correctly but, when I followed the instructions to reset the unit, nothing happened. Absolutely nothing.

So, is there a way to "Hard Reset" or some other procedure to get the system working again  or is it toast?

Hey Michael, sorry to say, but it is time to replace the controller. I would suggest installing a Irri-trol "Rain Dial" controller. This controller is easy to program, and it will last a long time. Also, if it ever malfunctions, the controller can be repaired instead of replacing the whole controller. Thanks and have a great day.

Jim Schaefer

Any question regarding sprinking systems,installation,repair, and trouble shooting.

I have been installing and repairing sprinkling systems since I was 15 years old. Have owned my own sprinkler system contracting business for over 26 years. It is basically the only job I've ever done, except for being a paper boy when I was young.

High School diploma and 3 years college credits.